Cementing Basket Definition
Cement baskets protect weak formations or lost circulation zones from being damaged by hydro static pressure generated by cement column. These can be used in cased hole as well as open hole formations, for best results the basket should be allowed to travel on the joint of casing.
- 1-Constructed of thin steel petals arranged in an overlapping pattern and reinforced by strong steel ribs
- 2-Also used in stage cementing or in cementing the annulus from surface
- 3-Can be used in place of an external casing packer for stage cementing applications
- 4-•Easy installation by sliding over the pin end of a casing joint prior to make-up
- 5-Each overlapping petal provides maximum flexibility and fluid passage while maintaining optimum support characteristics