13 3/8”×9 5/8” liner hanger Operation Cautions
In cementing or drilling, Liner hanger operation is very important step.Here we will introduce liner hanger Operation Cautions .
1- Preparation work
– All casing accessories and hangers must be inspected before entering the well. the assembly, placement, movement and hoisting of the hangers will be carried out by the tool manufacturer’s service personnel. The hangers and the feeding tools will be assembled and tested an examination. The casing will use a standard gauge diameter;
– Before the casing is closed, pass the well, adjust the mud performance, and ensure that the casing can descend to the design depth;
– During the well, the drill will be sent to the hanging position for weighing and recorded;
– Calculate the retraction distance and the drill (square) 6.6m;
– calibration check the hanging position, the hanger slip should avoid the upper casing coupling;
– Calibration check the weight gauge and pump gauge to ensure sensitivity and accuracy.
2.Put into the casing
-Tail tube string structure: floating shoes + casing + float hoop + casing + float hoop + casing + ball seat + casing string + hanger (sealing assembly, return cylinder);
– Feeding the drill structure: pulling short and feeding the drill pipe;
– The accessories for floating shoes, floats, ball seats and casing threads must be cleaned. According to the cementing design requirements, do not reverse the order.
– The position of the centralizer is placed according to the design requirements of the cementing. Hold the centralizer on the coupling and do not buckle on the sleeve body. Note that the “arrow” direction is facing up, do not put it upside down.
– Feed the casing and accessories in order. Rotate the torque as standard. When the casing accessories and hangers are connected, follow the instructions of the manufacturer’s technical staff. The inside of the well and the casing are prohibited during the whole process;
– After receiving the floating shoes, float hoop and ball seat, connect two casings. Then fill the mud, lift the casing, put it back, check the floating shoes and float hoop;
– two elastic sleeves are added to the two sleeves under the hanger;
– after the casing is finished, fill the mud first, and prepare two pipe wrenches and a mixture of drill pipe thread oil and engine oil (ratio 2:1), ready to be poured into the return cylinder;
– Hang the liner hanger on the drill floor, taking care to prevent bumps. After the hanger is connected, fill the backing cylinder with the prepared mixed oil, weigh it and record it, and lock the turntable;
– After the hanger is connected, the drill pipe is connected and the cycle is 5 minutes, and the pump pressure does not exceed 5 MPa;
– When the drill pipe is transported into the drill pipe, the back clamp is fastened. The lower drill is prohibited from rotating before the tail pipe is hung. 5″ Feeding the drill pipe should be drilled with a diameter of 68mm or more. The first column drill pipe should be lowered. The hanger should pass through the wellhead device such as the blowout preventer and then enter the normal running speed. .
– It is required to fill the 10 casings every time to fill the mud once. The drill pipe is grouted once per column. Each time 10 columns of drill pipe are filled, the mud is filled once. control the casing lowering speed, especially after accessing the hanger. The control lowering speed should be no less than 1 minute/column; when entering the salt layer naked hole, each column is filled, not filled.
– After the drill pipe is finished, fill the mud and then connect the tap. After releasing the friction by the upper and lower activities, weigh and record well;
– Adjust the drill (square) 6.6m; small displacement pump. Try to control the pump pressure to not exceed 6Mpa. The displacement can be increased after the mud returns. But, the pump pressure should not exceed 8Mpa. Depending on the change in cycle pressure and the cycle time, it is determined whether to hang.
3. Hanging and undercut
– Try the hanging operation first. If it is not hanging, unload the kelly and throw it in a small displacement. When the ball reaches the tee, press 12Mpa, stabilize for 2 minutes, and lower the drill. When the suspension is successful, continue to press 10 tons to check the reliability of the suspension;
– After successful suspending, pass the tee to establish a normal cycle;
– Stop the pump when there is no abnormality and release the turntable. Sit the drill pipe slip to ensure that the hanger is pressed down 5~10 tons, and the buckle is turned down. Try to invert 5 laps first, and then puncture the laps with 5 laps, 10 laps, and 10 laps . The cumulative effective buckle is not less than 25 laps. lift the drill 1.5~1.8m to judge the reverse buckle condition. After the reverse buckle is successful, the drill is put back, so that the hanger is pressed down by 5~10 tons, and the well is circulated after cementing.
4. Cementing and pull the center tube
– Access the cement head (the drill pipe rubber plug has been pre-loaded), connect the cementing line and test the pressure at 20Mpa.
– according to the conventional cementing injection liquid and cement slurry, release the drill pipe rubber plug for the mud;
– Check the backflow after the mud is pressed.
– Rolling 5~10Mpa without reflow, lifting the drill 5~6m, and circulating excess cement slurry when the sealing core and the hanger are disengaged;
– Drill and wait for solidification.
5.Liner hanger Operation Cautions —Emergency measures
– If the casing is not in place, after treatment, depending on the actual situation, decide whether to take the casing or sit on the ground.
– If the obstacle occurs after accessing the hanger, it is forbidden to open the turntable. In principle, the above activities are lifted, and the hanger can withstand the 50t load. If the pump cycle is required, the manufacturer’s personnel and cementing and drilling supervision will be on site. And control the open pump pressure does not exceed 6Mpa to prevent early suspension;
– If there is a problem that cannot be hanged, the control department should be requested when the treatment is invalid. After agreeing, the casing can be placed at the bottom of the well and then cemented;
– If it is difficult to reverse the buckle, the tonnage should be re-adjusted and then poured down;
-If the feeding tool is difficult to pull out, it can be lifted by the upper and lower activities.
– If the floating hoop and floating shoes fail, they can be topped several times. When it is invalid, the cement slurry can be recycled. After the weight is muddy, the cement is re-solidified. It is also possible to pull the central pipe in place and recycle excess cement slurry. In the future, depending on the situation, it is decided whether to squeeze the cement.
– If there is any abnormality during the drilling process, please inform the drilling supervision, cementing supervision, well team technician, cementing technician and tool manufacturer in time for discussion. When drilling down to the last 5 columns. And when connecting the short drill pipe and the square drill pipe, the well team technician and the tool manufacturer must be informed.
We are a liner hanger manufacturer with API certificate.For different size liner hangers and after sales services, we also can offer.If you have any inquiries, contact us freely.We can feedback within 24 hours.
|Mechanical Liner Hanger||Expandable Liner Hanger|